I like to visit … really? Who doesn’t like to visit new and beautiful places, to taste the finest dishes and have nothing to do a few days. Even so, the best thing in holiday is that you have no wake up time, or any other task for work .You realise that all 24 hours of the day are only yours! How it will be like to live in a constantly holiday? To do what we like when we like … I keep daydreaming 🙂
London, beautiful city, large and crowded, it is one of the largest cities in Europe and a city to be seen and explored as much as possible. It was my fifth visit and I was surprised to see many new places, a lot of streets, restaurants and shops. This city, full of life, has a very strong vibration and invites you, since stepping on the airport to find and explore it.
With the sun on the sky and with temperatures over 17 degrees, without a cloud or raindrop, we entered the heart of London since the first day and we surrender ourselves to the wave of knowledge and relaxation.
We booked a small apartment near Oxford Street and took all the center of London on foot every day, enjoying everything coming in the way. I recommend staying as closer as possible to the center because that way you are not conditioned by the means of transport and their scheldure. You can walk and explore endlessly.
To obtain good prices, try Airbnb, a booking system for houses or apartments, of people like us who want to rent their houses in hotel’s policies. Except the price, which is very important, another problem of mine in a hotel in England is breakfast … I don’t eat beans and I am not a friends of sausages and these two dishes are the basic breakfast in any hotel in London. So, I prefer to prepare my breakfast in my own way, in the rented apartment, which has fully equipped kitchen and to eat it even at 11 am, if I want to.
I won’t bore you with museums and other tourist attractions (you can find anywhere), but I’ll put below a list of some beautiful places that I liked very much:
1. There is a street called Carnaby Street is full of little bars, shops dedicated to pedestrians and has a bohemian and lively look.
2. Go to a play, there are plenty of options, Odeon theater is a good choice or maybe you want to see Harry Potter played in a different style.
3. Make shopping at TKMAXX. It’s a known stores chain in England, where you will find a lot of brand garment, at very low prices, even lower than in outlets.
4. Go eat some beef or a good burger at TGI Fridays or Angus Steak House. There are 2 American restaurants where the food is very good.
5. Try a beer in the afternoon at any pub in sight and you will feel the taste and life of city. Once out of work, Londoners, stop every day after 16:00 to talk and have a beer in a pub.
6. Take a course of several days in the area where you work or in any other field. It will help you see things differently, to meet new people, to be happy and practice that purely British accent. There are plenty of schools that are opened to weekend courses or short courses.
7. Stop and listen to strolling artists on the streets, they are talented people who have a beautiful energy.
8. Walk or rent a bicycle and explore every nook and every street in town.
9. Go to Camedon Town, you will see many hand made shops, restaurants and bars. It is the area where Amy Winehouse lived.
10. Get out one evening at Archer Street Cocktail Bar, a place where they play live music and serve delicious cocktails. What is so special here? Waiters serve nice but sing even more beautiful. Artists are themselves and make a mega show.
As for the outfits that I recommend on holiday should be casual, but chic at the same time. And this just because you will walk a lot and make hundreds of pictures, to see over the years.
I hope you enjoyed my little journal with recommendations from London. I am leaving now and go back to work … Until next time I embrace you with love, and have an easy week!